when a court issues a temporary order or a judgment and a party fails to comply with the terms of the order or judgment, the other party may file a complaint for contempt to enforce the compliance of the other party.  A complaint for contempt may seek child support enforcement, or enforcement of alimony, compliance with the terms of custodial orders, or any number of situations where the court has ordered action and the terms of the order have not been satisfied by one party. 

When the court finds that a party has willfully disobeyed a court order, and that there is no defensible obstacle to compliance, a finding of contempt may enter against the offending party.  In many cases, the court may order that the non-compliant party pay the attorney's fees of the party who brought the contempt action.